LCADV has developed, in partnership with the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services, a three-hour training for professionals who come into contact with children in crisis. This training addresses the unique needs of children exposed to domestic violence and presents evidence based interventions specific to these cases.
– Explore the dynamics of domestic violence
– Recognize the needs of children exposed to domestic violence
– Acquire screening techniques and risk and protective factors that are unique to domestic violence
– Apply evidence based developmental and age-appropriate interventions
– Formulate a model case plan applicable to children exposed to domestic violence
To schedule a Children Exposed to Violence training in your area, please contact us.
Books Appropriate for children exposed to domestic violence
- Families – Morris, Ann.
- Families are Different – Pellegrini, Nina.
- The Kissing Hand – Penn, Audrey.
- A Terrible Thing Happened – Holmes, Margaret; Mudlaff, Sasha.
- Hear My Roar – Hochban, Ty; Krykorka, Vladyana.
- The Words Hurt – Loftis, Chris.
- Trouble with Secrets - Johnson, Karen.
- Something Happened and I’m Scared to Tell - Kehoe, Patricia.
- It’s My Body – Freeman, Lory.
- The Bernstein Bears Learn about Strangers – Bernstein, Stan & Jan.
- The Way I Feel - Cain, Janan.
- When Sophie Gets Angry, Really Really Angry – Bang, Molly.
- I’m Gonna Like Me: Letting Off a Little Self Esteem – Curtis, Jamie Lee.
- Andrew’s Angry Words - Lachner, Dorothea.
- I’m Frustrated: Dealing with Feelings - Crary, Elizabeth.
- I’m Mad: Dealing with Feelings – Crary, Elizabeth.
- When I Feel Angry – Spelman, Cornelia Maude.
- When I Feel Scared – Spelman, Cornelia Maude.
- Elephant in the Living Room - Hastings, Jill.
- Living with my Family - Deaton, Wendy.
- Don’t Fall Apart on Saturdays: The Children’s Divorce Survival Book – Moser, Adolph.
- A Place for Starr: A Story of Hope for Children Experiencing Family Violence – Schor, Howard.
- My Own Thoughts on Stopping the Hurt – Deaton, Wendy.
- Squabbles – Cosgrove, Stephen.
- Family Violence - Armitage, Rhonda.