Full Service Domestic Violence Program Membership
Organizations seeking to become Tier 1 program members must complete the program membership application and return it to LCADV with all supporting documentation. A committee will review the application.
If the application paperwork is approved, a site visit will be scheduled. A site visit typically takes two to three days. The committee will check for compliance of all standards and will meet with the applicant’s board members and staff during that visit.
The committee will issue a report on the results of the site visit to the existing membership body of LCADV, who then votes on whether to accept the applicant as a new member program. The applicant may be asked to come to a membership meeting and make a presentation.
Each parish in Louisiana has a program assigned to serve it already. If an applicant is in the programming area of an existing program, they must adequately explain the evidence that they have collaborated with that existing program. They must also defend the need for additional services in that area and their ability to raise funds to sustain those services.
Member program benefits (Tier 1: Full Service Domestic Violence Program):
- Be a part of a statewide coalition of advocates for survivors of domestic violence
- Listed as a member and service provider in LCADV publications, contact lists, and websites
- Access to the most current and up-to-date information on domestic violence issues across the nation
- Free conference registration
- Free on site training
- Unlimited technical assistance from LCADV staff
- Free LCADV publications
- Access to LCADV resource library
- Receive Public Policy Action alerts
- Receive LCADV’s electronic newsletter