Statewide Needs Assessment: Domestic Violence in Louisiana
The Louisiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence is pleased to publish the results of a 10-month needs assessment of the current state of domestic violence victim services and victims’ needs in Louisiana. The 2017 statewide needs assessment was conducted from August 2016 through May 2017 with the primary objectives of:
- Reviewing the structure and composition of the field of domestic violence victim services and criminal justice system response to domestic violence in Louisiana.
- Providing information about the current needs of domestic violence victims and the state of the service delivery and criminal justice systems.
- Developing the beginnings of a comprehensive understanding of unmet needs and service gaps through the perspectives of both service providers and victims
- Identifying gaps in available services and barriers to accessing services among populations considered to have specific needs.
This assessment report is designed to provide an analysis of select aspects of domestic violence response in Louisiana, to supplement information already available from other sources, and to identify significant areas of remaining need in our state’s domestic violence response. It is meant to give a voice to domestic violence survivors as it relates to their experience navigating various systems.
In conjunction with information available from other sources, the information in the report can be used for:
- Providing discussion points for planners and funders.
- Planning services to meet victims’ immediate needs, as well as their needs related to the long-term impacts of domestic violence victimization on their lives.
- Prioritizing services so they can be provided in a way that has the greatest impact for victims.
- Devising system supports to law enforcement, prosecutors, and service providers so they can most effectively meet the needs of victims.
- Designing the content, location, audience and methods for future trainings.
To access the report and appendices, visit www.lcadv.org/statewide-needs-assessment.