Training and Event Calendar
August – October 2014
The LPOR Legal Seminar will:
- Explain how the protective order registry works.
- Explain the appropriate use of the mandatory order forms.
- Identify and discuss state and federal statutes related to court protections for those affected by domestic abuse and dating violence.
- Disseminate the updated v.7 version of the Guide to the LPOR, the standardized forms, and the related interactive software.
CLEs will be provided.
To register, visit www.lpor.org
This webinar focuses on engaging men in violence prevention and intervention, exploring the value of engaging men, examining strengths and weaknesses of current initiatives and providing strategies and tools to engage men at the organizational level.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the value in engaging men in anti-violence work
2. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of current efforts to engage men
3. Identify different tools and strategies to engage men in anti-violence work.
For more information: https://jwi.org/page.aspx?pid=2627&srctid=1&erid=5262613&trid=f250aeb4-c108-4d8b-ae83-035a219aa533#sthash.lDpCteQY.dpbs
Join us for a half-day training that will take you inside the mind of a domestic violence offender and provide useful and effective interviewing techniques.
Domestic violence experts with decades of experience interacting with violent offenders will address:
- Advanced domestic violence dynamics
- Batterer tactics and characteristics
- Predominant aggressor determination
- Investigative interview techniques
- Crawford v. Washington implications
- Technology use by batterers
More information and registration: lcadv.org/offender-interviewing
Join us for our 2nd Annual
Soiree & Fundraiser will be held
Friday, October 17, 2014
8:00 pm – 11:00 pm
310 Andrew Higgins Dr.
Event will honor Champions of the New Orleans Family Justice Center:
Louisiana Representative Helena N. Moreno
Senator J.P. Morrell
United Way of Southeast Louisiana
Wednesday, October 29th – Raise A Glass For A Cause – Domestic Violence Awareness Event and Fundraiser for Metropolitan Center for Women and Children
For more information contact Metro at 504-837-5455.