Training and Event Calendar
April – August 2014
The LPOR Legal Seminar will:
- Explain how the protective order registry works.
- Explain the appropriate use of the mandatory order forms.
- Identify and discuss state and federal statutes related to court protections for those affected by domestic abuse and dating violence.
- Disseminate the updated v.7 version of the Guide to the LPOR, the standardized forms, and the related interactive software.
CLEs will be provided.
To register, visit www.lpor.org
You are invited to join Louisiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Louisiana Foundation Against Sexual Assault for a reception in honor of domestic and sexual violence victims and those who work to support them every day.
Awards will be presented to legislators, advocates, and public officials in recognition of their efforts to end domestic violence and sexual assault in Louisiana.
Public officials from across the state, including Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne, will be in attendance.
Please join us for an evening of networking, appreciation, and celebration.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:00p.m. to 8:00p.m.
Juban’s 3739 Perkins Road Baton Rouge, LA 70808
We will kick off the day with a short opening ceremony on the capitol steps. Then stop in at the display table in the rotunda to get details on talking points, who your legislators are, and what relevant hearings are occurring where your testimony may make a difference.
Stay tuned for more information. See you at the Louisiana State Capitol!
Join us for this dynamic half-day training, presented by LCADV in partnership with HIV/AIDS Alliance for Region Two (HAART).
Domestic violence and HIV/AIDS experts will address:
- Advanced Domestic Violence Dynamics
- Cutting edge data on HIV transmission, progression, and prevention
- Intersection of Domestic Violence with HIV/AIDS
- Impact of socioeconomic disparities on the well-being of HIV/AIDS and domestic violence survivors.
- Promising practices to enhance safety for survivors of domestic violence and HIV/AIDS
- Collaborative advocacy efforts
Tuesday, June 24th
9:00am – 1:00pm
Baton Rouge Area Foundation
402 N. 4th St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Registration Fee: $35
Group discounts are available for groups of five or more. Please contact us to inquire.
Who Should Attend: HIV/AIDS advocates, domestic violence advocates, and social workers who work with members of either population.
Continuing Education: 3.5 general hours of Social Work CEUs have been applied for.
For more information and to register: www.lcadv.org/safe-and-positive