Training and Event Calendar
April – July 2014
The 2013-2014 Support Staff Training Committee – in conjunction with the Louisiana District Attorneys Association – Presents “The Jewels of the Offices: Spotlighting 40 Years of Support.”
More information: http://www.ciclt.net/ul/ldaa/SupportStaffPoster.pdf
Children Exposed to Violence: When Domestic Violence Meets Child Abuse
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Northwest Regional Reentry Facility
1121 Forum Dr.
Shreveport, LA 71107
- Explore the dynamics of domestic violence
- Recognize the needs of children exposed to domestic violence
- Acquire screening techniques and risk and protective factors that are unique to domestic violence
- Apply evidence based developmental and age-appropriate interventions
- Formulate a model case plan applicable to children exposed to domestic violence
Who Should Attend:
Child welfare professionals, behavioral health professionals, social workers who come into contact with children
This training is free. However, space is limited and registration is required.
This training has been approved for 3.0 general hours of continuing education credit by the National Association of Social Workers – Louisiana Chapter, as authorized by the Louisiana State Board of Social Workers.