Training and Event Calendar
This event calendar is provided as a service to our members and the public. An event may be cancelled at any time. Please confirm the event with the sponsor prior to making travel plans. To submit an event, please contact us.
- Incorporating best-practice protocols for ethical representation into every case
- Integrating issue-spotting and case planning into each client interview
- Improving the delivery of comprehensive legal assistance to all victims
Join the ABA Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence as we review best-practice protocols for ethical representation, including…
Join the ABA Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence as we review best-practice protocols for ethical representation, including how to: properly screen and refer victims for additional services; effectively represent clients in civil protection order and other matters; provide culturally-sensitive and accessible legal services; and plan for the longer-term safety and well-being of your client.
This 1.5 hour interactive webinar will both review general legal ethics standards and provide practitioners with a “practice tool” designed for comprehensive issue-spotting and case planning. The faculty will discuss several Model Rules of Professional Conduct, including: 1.1, 1.6, 2.1, 4.3, and 6.5.
The LPOR Legal Seminar will:
- Explain how the protective order registry works.
- Explain the appropriate use of the mandatory order forms.
- Identify and discuss state and federal statutes related to court protections for those affected by domestic abuse and dating violence.
- Disseminate the updated v.7 version of the Guide to the LPOR, the standardized forms, and the related interactive software.
CLEs will be provided.
To register, visit www.lpor.org